Hi Nannies and Families – well September has arrived and most people will be back into the swing of the return (or, in some cases, beginning) of the school routine for another year. We hope you all had a wonderful summer, that the break from the usual routine was a welcome one, and that children who are entering into a new phase are settling well!
So how can we really find out how it is all going? Do any of these sound familiar?
Us: “How was your day?”
Us: “What did you get up to?”
Them: “I can’t remember”
Us: “Who did you play with?”
Them: “No one really”
Us: “What did you have for lunch?”
Them: “I don’t know”
Sound familiar? Us too – we know the start of the new term is tough on everyone – the children, be they ours or our charges; as well as we parents and nannies, to say nothing of the teachers! Maybe some new questions might help though with bringing them out of their busy shells and raising a smile or two along the way. Try some of these and let us know how you get on:
- What was the funniest thing that happened today?
- Which was the tastiest bit of your lunch?
- Was there anyone new you would like to make friends with? What did you like about them?
- Can you think of one thing you or anyone else in your class did today which was helpful?
- Which one thing would you like to learn before the end of this school year?
- When did you feel most proud of yourself today?
- Did you spot anyone picking their nose?
- Which is the most important rule in your class?
- What was your favourite game today at playtime?
- If you could be your class teacher for the day, what would you teach?
Wishing everyone a happy new academic year 🙂