Maybe you do, maybe you don’t, so let’s try a quick Q&A….
Q: What is BAPN?
A: BAPN is the British Association of Professional Nannies. It is the UK’s only professional association which focuses solely on nannies.
Q: What would I get as a member of BAPN?
A: There are lots of advantages to joining, including:
- Access to free training with leading providers
- Free CV and portfolio advice
- Discounts eg/ on nanny insurance
- Support on finding a role
- Independent advice eg/ on pay, childcare qualifications and your rights
Q: What does being a BAPN member mean for me?
A: It’s a great selling point for you as a nanny – amongst other things it demonstrates to prospective employers that:
- You meet the high standards required to become a member
- You are professional and committed to your career as a nanny
- You are up to date with best practices and as such are able to provide an excellent level of care
- You are working within the framework of the law
Q: How much does it cost?
A: £20 per year – a small price to pay in view of the great benefits. Even better news is that we can offer a 50% discount on this for nannies registered with any ANA (Association of Nanny Agencies) affiliated agencies. Happy Families is a members of ANA so if you are one of our registered nannies you would just pay £10 per year!
Q: How do I join?
A: Check out http://bapn.org.uk/join-bapn/ and if you are registered with us you can also claim your discount.